Travel Tips to India Best time to Visit India India is vast in size and therefore has a wide range of climate and weather patterns across the country. Most of India has tropical weather and contains three major seasons: summer, winter and monsoon (rainy season). Summers get very hot, so the winter months are a more favorable time to visit most places in India. The best time to visit Delhi and surrounding is during the winter, between October and March as it tends to be dry and have moderate temperatures. Summer (May and June) will have very hot weather but if you must visit during that time we recommend tours to be done early morning or late evening. July through September is monsoon season that includes heavy humidity and heavy rains in July and August. Passport and Visa Requirements You need a valid Canadian or American Passport. Your Passport should expire at least six months after your intended departure date from India, and should have empty pages. American and Canadian Passport Holders need a Visa to enter India. It must be obtained on line prior to departure.
- Online application must be submitted minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st of September, you can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct. That is one can apply more than 30 days or precisely 33 days in advance of actual date of visit.
- The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- The fee is US $60/- per person excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards.
- You are allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year for each online visa.
- On-line visa is for single entry, non-extendable and non-convertible.
- This visa is not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted/Containment Areas.
- The link for the visa is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
- The rules for applying for multiple entry visa are different. You will need a multiple entry visa if you are visiting India twice.